Yes, you read that right. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
Well, according to food writer Mark Fisher’s tips and tricks for surviving Thanksgiving, it’s a pretty legit offbeat stuffing recipe. Oh, and it’s simple, too.
Here’s how it’s done.
WHITE CASTLE STUFFING
- 10 White Castle hamburgers (no pickles)
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried sage
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground thyme
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth
Combine White Castle hamburgers torn into pieces in a large mixing bowl with the celery, sage, thyme and black pepper. Add the chicken broth. Stuff the cavity of the turkey just before roasting.
Recipe makes about 9 cups, enough for a 10-to-12-pound turkey.
White Castle locations in the southwest and south-central Ohio area:
- 5201 Salem Bend Dr, Trotwood
- 6901 SR 123, Franklin
- 4780 Roosevelt Blvd., Middletown
- 614 Corwin Nixon Blvd., South Lebanon
- 8111 Highland Pointe Dr., West Chester
- 851 High St., Hamilton
- 5590 Dixie Hwy, Hamilton
- 1902 N. Bechtle Ave., Springfield