If you have never been to the Springfield Extravaganza, you are missing out.
As someone who has been for the last 20 years, it is a feast for the eyes and senses.
With 2,000 vendors and a cast of thousands, it promises an entire day of shopping with some dining breaks in between thanks to more than 40 food vendors featuring a broad range of food.
The event takes place May 17-19 at the Clark County Fairgrounds in Springfield. Whether you’re an beginner or a pro at antique shopping, organizers put together a top 10 list of must haves to make the day a success. This is a great outline for those who have never attended.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING TO THE MAY EXTRAVAGANZA
1. Good walking shoes.
2. Dress in layers for cool mornings and warm afternoon. Bring sunscreen or an umbrella.
3. Bring cash, checks and a credit card.
4. A notebook with measurements of walls or spaces. Include the measurement of your trunk/hatch for your car so you know if something will fit or not.
5. Pen and paper to write down items you're thinking about with booth number so you know how to get back to them.
6. Wagon or rolling basket to carry your purchases
7. Bottles of water.
8. Swatches or paint samples of colors you are trying to coordinate.
9. Tape measure, straps, moving blankets or tarps.
10. All of your shopping squad.
For complete show information, visit www.springfieldantiqueshow.com.
Contact this contributing writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO GO?
What: May 2019 Extravaganza
Where: Clark County Fairgrounds, 4401 S. Charleston Pike, Springfield
Directions: Take Exit 59 off I-70
When: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. May 17; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. May 18; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. May 19
Admission: Friday, May 17, early buying 7 a.m. - noon $15. (Good for entire weekend)
General admission is $10 per day
Note: Dogs on a leash or in stroller are welcome, please know pavement is sometimes too hot for paws.
Camping: Camping spots are available at the show with full hookups for $25 per night. Reservations are not necessary. Inquire at gate upon arrival and you'll be directed to camp area.
More information: www.springfieldantiqueshow.com
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.