The Republican National Convention will be held at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland from July 18–21.
But whether you're in the area before the convention, during it or afterwards, the city boasts many delicious foods for hungry visitors to fill up on.
The city’s food culture is heavily influenced by its Chinese, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian, Slovenian and German immigrants, as well as African-Americans and other ethnic groups.
Here are some of the best places to eat in Cleveland and what you should order, according to Dayton.com:
- Corned beef sandwich from Slyman's Restaurant
- Antipasto at Guarino's
- Pierogi from Sokolowski's University Inn
- Polish boy from Hot Sauce Williams
- Brick oven meatball pizza from Valentino's Pizza
- Beer from Great Lakes Brewing Company