One of the nation’s most iconic beer companies is offering grants to Ohioans who pour pints and sling grub for a living.
Samuel Adams and The Greg Hill Foundation have expanded their Restaurant Strong Fund to Ohio and 19 other states.
The program launched for Massachusetts workers on March 18 is now offering restaurant, bar, cafe and nightclub workers one-time free grants of $1,000 each to help during the Covid-19 shutdown, a press release says.
Applications can be submitted here beginning today, Friday, April 3.
The qualifications are as followed:
- Completed application form
- Full-time employees (minimum of 30 hours total per week, can be multiple restaurants)
- Employed for three months or longer at the same location
- Worked in a restaurant, bar, cafe or nightclub located in: (Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont)
- Submit the last two full-time (30 hour) pay stubs
There are an estimated one million restaurants workers in the the nation, the press release says.
Ohio and officials from several other states have closed restaurants to dine-in serving to helps stop the spread of the virus.
This has left many restaurant and bar workers without jobs.
According to the press release, $2 million is in the fund for the 20 states involved.
“We stand with and want to extend a toast to the restaurant workers who have had our backs for so many years, from serving our favorite beers to celebrating life’s precious moments with us,” the release says.
Sam Adams’ closest taproom to the Miami Valley is at 1727 Logan St. in Cincinnati.
Additional information can be found at restaurantstrong.org/
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.