Here's a roundup of news trending across the nation and world today.
What to know now:
1. The Panama Papers: An investigation by 100 news outlets has led to the revelation of a network of offshore companies set up for the rich around the world to launder money and avoid paying taxes. The information came to light when 11.5 million internal documents from the Panamanian law Mossack Fonseca were leaked in the investigation. Among the clients were drug dealers, arms traders, politicians and those close to them. Leaders in countries around the world are scrambling to explain why they didn’t disclose the financial dealings. Click here to read more about the documents and who they name.
2. Deadly crash: An Amtrak train derailed Sunday after it hit a backhoe that was sitting on the tracks near Philadelphia. The train was carrying 300 passengers and seven crew members when the accident happened in Chester, Pa. Two people were killed and 35 injured in the crash.
3. Trump on Kasich: Donald Trump said John Kasich should quit the race for the Republican nomination for president. On Sunday, Trump said the Ohio governor should not be allowed to continue in the race for delegates because he has won only one state – his own – during the primary season. “He doesn’t have to run and take my votes,” Trump said.
4. Medicine Crow dies: The last surviving war chief of the Crow Tribe of Montana has died. Joseph Medicine Crow died Sunday at age 102. Medicine Crow was a member of the Whistling Water Clan, and was raised near Lodge Grass, Montana. He recalled first-hand accounts of the Battle of Little Bighorn from his uncle who was there that day.
5. Championship game: The men’s college basketball national championship takes place Monday night in Houston. Villanova, which beat Oklahoma by 44 points Saturday in the Final Four, takes on North Carolina which beat Syracuse by 17 points in their championship game.
And one more
Chris Stapleton won four Academy of Country Music Awards Sunday, including song of the year and album of the year. Jason Aldean won the coveted Entertainer of the year award, calling it “one of the best nights of my professional career.” Check out a list of winners here.
In case you missed it
Is there anything Goggle can’t do? A little disappointed this is an April Fools’ joke.