Thursday night marks the 10th time Republican candidates for their party’s nomination for president will gather to debate.
With Donald Trump on a three-win run, the other four candidates on stage will likely be aiming their attacks his way.
The debate marks the last time the candidates will be together prior to Super Tuesday -- when 11 states will hold primary votes in one day.
Here are some of the specifics for tonight's event:
When: Thursday, Feb. 25
Where: Moores Opera House at the University of Houston
What time: The debate starts at 8:30 p.m. (ET)
Hosted by: CNN
Airs on: The debate will air live on CNN, CNN International and CNN en Español. CNN is on: DirecTV - channel 202; Dish Network - channel 200; ATT U-verse - channel 202
Live stream: CNN will live stream the debate on CNN.com's homepage and across mobile platforms. According to CNN, all users will be able to watch live CNN TV online and on their mobile devices without logging in.
Moderators: The debate will be moderated by Wolf Blitzer, with CNN's Dana Bash, Salem Radio Network talk show host Hugh Hewitt, and Telemundo's Maria Celeste Arrarás asking questions.
Who will be there: Here are the candidates participating in the debate and their websites.
While we don't know for sure, the likely issues to be raised in the debate include:
- Donald Trump's tax returns -- Mitt Romney has called Trump out over the fact Trump has yet to release his tax returns.
- Cruz accused of dirty tricks -- Cruz has been accused by his rivals of using dirty campaign tricks, including one last week that cost him his communications director, Rick Tyler.
- Rubio on Trump -- On Wednesday, Rubio said Trump "like parts of Obamacare," and that he should reveal specifics of what he intends to do in office because voters, "deserve to know exactly what the next commander-in-chief is going to do."
- Planned Parenthood -- Cruz says he will order a federal investigation of Planned Parenthood if elected president. According to the Texas senator, undercover videos appear to show the organization operates “a national criminal enterprise.”
- Immigration -- Considering the debate is in Texas, immigration is likely to be a topic. Listen for more news on "the wall" and who will build/pay for it.
When's the next one
The next Republican debate will be held Thursday, March 3, in Detroit, Mich. It will be hosted by the Fox News Channel.
The next Democratic debate will be in Flint, Mich., on Sunday, March 6. It will be hosted by CNN.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.