An Indiana boy who fell into a sewer drain while watching fireworks was rescued Thursday night, the Evansville Courier & Press reported.
The child, believed to be between 3 and 5 years old, was pulled out of the 27-foot drain around 10:30 p.m., WEHT reported. First responders said the drain did have water in it, but the boy never lost consciousness and was able to communicate with officials, the Courier & Press reported.
The boy was stuck in the drain for approximately 90 minutes, the newspaper reported. Evansville Fire Rescue, with an assist from the Evansville Police Department, performed the rescue.
Heavy equipment was required to remove the child from the drain, according to the Courier & Press.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.