Family: Nick Gordon, controversial former boyfriend of Bobbi Kristina Brown, has died

Nick Gordon, the former boyfriend of Bobbi Kristina Brown has died.

Jack Walker Jr. confirmed to multiple media outlets, including People, saying:

“We are devastated by the loss of my beautiful brother. He leaves a void in the hearts of my family and his friends, Nick’s battle in life was not an easy one. I will be forever grateful that my God afforded a small moment at the very end of Nick’s life and I was able to hold his hand as he journeyed on.”

In a statement to WSB-TV, Gordon's attorney, Randall M. Kessler, said: "My heart sunk when I heard the news. This is a tragic ending to Nick's troubled life."

A lawsuit claims Gordon was inside Brown’s home in Sandy Springs, Georgia, the night she was found facedown and unconscious in a bathtub in 2015.

Brown died months later.

Throughout the investigation into Brown’s death, Gordon remained a controversial figure.

A lawsuit filed against Gordon in Fulton County Court accused him of giving Brown a "toxic cocktail" and then placing her facedown in a bathtub the day of Brown's death.

The amended lawsuit claims Gordon returned home Jan. 31 "from being out all night on a cocaine and drinking binge."

The suit goes on to say Gordon watched video footage of Brown inside the home and listened to her conversations. The two then got into a "loud argument," during which Gordon accused her of cheating.

That's when, the lawsuit alleges, Gordon gave Brown the cocktail and placed her facedown "in a tub of cold water, causing her to suffer brain damage."

In September 2016, a judge found that Gordon was the "responsible party" for the death of Brown.

Six months after Brown died, a medical examiner's report said Brown died after her face was immersed in water, complicated by a mixed drug interaction.

Tests found marijuana, cocaine and morphine in her system.

But her manner of death remains "undetermined" because investigators can't conclusively say whether the death was an accident or intentional.

While Brown remained hospitalized, Gordon attempted to visit her but was turned away by Brown’s family.

Gordon had been living in Florida since shortly after Brown's death. He was 30 years old.

About the Author