The huge system of thunderstorms that hit the region on Wednesday evening prompted reports of widespread damage.
Here are some of those reports:
- 9:52 p.m.: Tree down and blocking the street at Weaver and Paul Laurence Dunbar, in Dayton.
- 9:35 p.m.: Girl, 13, believed to be struck by lightning through her laptop, in the 6400 block of State Route 28 in New Carlisle.
- 8:37 p.m.: Reports of wires down in the 300 block of Estonia Drive, in New Lebanon, and in the 200 block of Lakeview in Dayton.
- 8:28 p.m.: Two people running in the rain either to or from the Schuster Center in downtown Dayton were hit by a vehicle at North Main and East Second streets. The pedestrians suffered minor injuries and were taken to Miami Valley Hospital to be checked out. The driver was not cited, Dayton police said.
- 8:20 p.m.: Report of a tree that has fallen on a house in the 500 block of Campbell Street in Dayton. Wires are down as well.
- 8:08 p.m.: Reports of wires becoming tangled in trees, which started small fires, in the area of Maria Drive in Bellbrook. There are reports of explosions believed to be transformers.
- 7:48 p.m.: Tree reported down across north Patterson Boulevard, near Carillon Park. Some vehicles are managing to squeeze through the space left on the street. An RTA bus is too large to get through and will have to await road crews to remove the tree.
- 6:40 p.m.: Tree reported down on Wilkinson Road and another reported down at U.S. 35 and Charles Road in Wayne County, Ind.
- 5:32 p.m.: Large tree and power lines reported down 3 miles northwest of Pleasant Hill in Miami County.
- 5:24 p.m.: Trees reported down across central Darke County, according to law enforcement in the area.