Here are five things Clark and Champaign residents need to know about COVID-19, or coronavirus today.
1. The stay-at-home order remains in effect prompting the Upper Valley Mall to temporarily close. The mall is closed through April 6, coinciding with the timeframe for the stay-at-home order in hopes of limiting the spread of the COVID-19, or coronavirus.
2. Many businesses remain open in Clark, Champaign and other counties because they are part of the supply chain for essential services.
3. United Way established a fund to help Clark, Champaign nonprofits that provide shelter and food to residents as the coronavirus pandemic continues.
4. Statewide tornado drill for today has been canceled due to many businesses and schools being closed.
5. Springfield is extending their income tax filing deadline. The deadline to file and pay 2019 Springfield Income Tax is July 15.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.