Her next thought was to run to her neighbors’ house, Pearson said.
She knocked on the door until the neighbor Josh Arnold, a student in the School of Pharmacology at Cedarville, opened it.
Arnold said students are certified in Basic Life Support at the beginning of the program and he was recertified last fall. He is in his final year of classes.
“I could see his whole body was limp. I could see the purple hue to his face, his lips were blue,” said Arnold. He said his training kicked in immediately. He looked for a pulse, started CPR, had Pearson call 911 and was praying all at the same time.
Arnold credits Cedarville’s police and paramedics who arrived very quickly.
At the hospital, the staff explained the toddler’s temperature must have spiked, sending his body into shock and causing a seizure.
The boy’s father, Joshua Pearson, was at work at the time, but wrote a letter of gratitude to Cedarville.
“We are grateful to say that our son is back on the road to being his normal, happy self,” Pearson added.