Ingredients for crust (or just use store bought graham cracker crust)
• 2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon coarse salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao), finely chopped
• 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (preferably 55 percent cacao), chopped
• 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 1 can (15 ounces) solid-packed pumpkin
• 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
• ¾ cup packed light-brown sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
• ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• Pinch of ground cloves
• 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
Step 1: Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in bowl. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a deep, 9 1/2-inch pie dish. Bake until firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
Step 2: Remove from oven, and sprinkle bittersweet chocolate over bottom of crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate - about 1 minute. Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides. Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
Step 3: For filling: In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt semisweet chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
Next, mix pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and a pinch of cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/3 pumpkin mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated.
Step 5: Transfer pie dish to a baking sheet, and pour pumpkin mixture into crust. Bake until center is set but still a bit wobbly, about 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pie dish on a wire rack. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours (preferably overnight). Before serving, drizzle melted milk chocolate on top. Serve immediately.