OK, it is mid-February. How many of you have still kept your New Year’s resolutions? If losing weight is on your list, then here is a quick and easy do-it-yourself project to keep you on track.
For just $6.78 you can have something that can keep you motivated all year long and help you lose that 10, 20 or even 50 pounds.
You will need
Items I purchased:
• Two glass vases — $1 each at Dollar Tree
• Acrylic paint — $1.79 at Hobby Lobby
• Glass beads — $1 at Dollar Tree
• Letter stickers — $2.99 at Hobby Lobby
Items I already had:
• Painter’s tape
• Dabber brush
1. At the top and bottom of your two vases use your painter’s tape and wrap around a band of tape. Make sure that the ends line up so you don’t have any uneven lines.
2. Place your stickers on the glass in between the two taped lines. I chose to use the words “lose” and “lost.”
3. Dab your paint onto the exposed glass. Make sure to dab and not use brush strokes when applying the paint. This will help ensure that your paint doesn’t bleed behind the taped down areas.
4. Once your paint completely dries, remove the tape borders carefully and peel off your stickers.
5. Depending on how much weight you need to lose, put that amount of glass beads into your “lose” jar.
6. For every pound you lose, take one bead out of your “lose” jar and place it into your “lost” jar. This will be a good visual reminder to keep you motivated during your weight-loss journey.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.