It’s relaxing on a spring or summer day to sit outside and watch the birds. This week’s do-it-yourself project gives you a quaint little birdfeeder that is unique, quirky and easy to make.
For just $4.99, this piece will draw in the birds and be a conversation piece for any of your backyard guests.
Items I purchased:
• Teacup and saucer — $4.99 at Ikea
Items I already had:
• E 6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive (can be found at your local craft store)
• Bird seed
• Shepherd’s hook
1. Apply a generous dollop of adhesive to the side of your teacup. You will want it on the side opposite from the handle.
2. Place the teacup sideways onto the base of your saucer. You will want the handle of you teacup to be facing up. You will use the handle as the hook to hang this.
3. Let the adhesive dry at least 24 hours before you use this feeder.
4. Fill the inside of the cup and around the saucer with bird seed.
5. Place the feeder onto the shepherd’s hook and enjoy.