• Scrapbook paper: 49 cents at Michaels crafts store
• Wooden craft sticks: $1 at Dollar Tree
Items I already had around the house:
1. Cut a small slit on the side of the empty canister about 1 inch in from the top and bottom of the canister.
2. Place a craft stick on both ends of the slit to ensure it sits evenly.
3. With the craft sticks still in place, trace your musical device’s base in the side of the canister that is facing upward.
4. Remove the craft sticks and use your scissors and cut out a slit that fits your device snuggly.
5. Wrap the entire canister with a piece of scrapbook paper, securing all seams with tape and removing any excess paper.
6. Use your scissors to cut your slits out of the scrapbook paper.
7. Place the craft sticks back into your slits and put your musical device in the top side of your canister.
Tip: If the music sounds muffled or tinny, then add some tissue or paper towels to the inside of the container. This will help with the sound.