If you are yearning for signs of spring, then here is the perfect project for you. For just $2, I created this fun way to grow some lovely spring flowers in your home and have a decorative and polished plant to display in your home.
Although I already had spring bulbs, you can purchase these at many locations including Lowes, Home Depot or your local nursery for less than $1 a bulb.
Items I purchased:
• 1 vase with an opening small enough to hold a bulb — $1 at Dollar Tree
• Decorative river rockers — $1 at Dollar Tree
Items I already had:
• Hyacinth bulbs
1. Place your rocks into the bottom of the vase. You can omit these if you like because they are only for decoration in the vase. You can also use decorative marbles or other items to fit with your style.
2. Fill the vase with water to the top. You will want the water high enough so that it can touch the roots of the bulb. However, you do not want the bottom of the bulb in the water because the bulb will rot.
3. Place the bulb onto the mouth of your vase so that the roots can hang down and grow throughout the vase, but your bulb is still above water.
4. Watch as your bulb grown and expands into a beautiful spring flower.