We’ve all done it before. You’re in a hurry, getting ready to head out the door and you can’t find your keys. What if I can guarantee this never happens again?
For just $5.96 you can make a customized key holder to hang by your door. If losing your keys isn’t a problem, then this idea has other uses such as hanging up jewelry, dish towels and more. Just be creative with your options.
Materials to purchase
• Wooden letter, $1.99 at Michaels Arts and Crafts
• Wooden plaque, $1.99 at Michaels
• Cup hooks, 99 cents at Meijer
• Scrapbook paper, 99 cents at Michaels
Items I already had around the house
• Mod Podge
• Foam brush
• Gorilla glue
• Black acrylic paint
1. Paint the rim of the plaque with your acrylic paint.
2. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to your plaque.
3. Once everything is fully dry, trace the front portion of your plaque onto the scrapbook paper.
4. Cut out the traced portion of your page.
5. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the front of your plaque and then place your cut piece of scrapbook paper on top of the front.
6. Once this is dry, apply a thin line of glue to the back of your wooden letter. Place it in the center of your scrapbook paper and let dry.
7. Once your letter is secured and all items are dry, take three of your cup hooks and screw them into the bottom of your plaque.
8. Hang up your piece on the wall and hang up those keys.
Jessica Garringer is a local bargain hunter, crafter and a couponer who loves to save money. You can reach her at SaverSavvySavings@gmail. com.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.