With holiday travel right around the corner, travelers should prepare themselves for hectic airports and crammed planes.
The Thanksgiving travel period is the busiest travel time of the year. Check out a few tips for a smooth flying experience, according to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport:
1. LUGGAGE For protection against lost luggage, label your bags inside and out with your contact information. Be sure to include the address and phone number of your destination.
2. GIFTS Do not wrap gifts that you plan to carry onboard. If a security officer needs to inspect a package they may have to unwrap your gift.
3. TSA STANDARDS Familiarize yourself with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) procedures at www.tsa.gov to ensure what you pack in your carry-on is compliant with TSA standards. Weapons may not be carried aboard aircraft. This includes replicas, toy weapons and anything that can be mistaken for a weapon.
» UNMATCHED COVERAGE: 7 major moves Kroger made in 2018
4. EXTRA TIME Passengers should arrive to the airport two hours before their flight to ensure adequate time to park, check baggage, go through security and make it to your gate in time for boarding.
5. WHAT TO EXPECT When using general screening, be prepared to remove blazers, coats and bulky sweaters and activate any electronic or battery-powered equipment as part of the security inspection. This includes laptops, music players, games and phones.
FIVE FAST READS