- Passengers applaud as boy, mom and terminally ill father are removed from plane
- Moldy sippy cups have parents disgusted and angry
- Business owner: All employees required to get concealed weapons license
- Man dies in jail after being arrested for unpaid medical bills
- JetBlue offers passengers a free trip, but there's a catch
Wal-Mart announced last month that it would close 269 of its stores in the U.S. and globally in an attempt to "ensure assets were aligned with strategy."
All of the stores, were scheduled to close by Jan. 28. Displaced workers were expected to be transferred to nearby locations, according to a statement released by the company.
Retail photographer Nicholas Eckhart captured a Wal-Mart Supercenter in Bedford, Ohio, on Jan. 28, the store's last day of business.
Have a look around:
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.
All photos contributed by Nicholas Eckhart.