1. Road trippin’ Reds: Fresh off a Central League battle with the St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati heads to Chicago for a four-game series at iconic Wrigley Field. The short road trip ends after that, bringing the Reds back to Cincinnati for a seven-game homestand with the Brewers and Pirates.
2. First half winds down: The Dayton Dragons finish up the first half of their Midwest League schedule this week, then take a few days off before hosting the All-Star game. The Dragons look to finish strong, and carry momentum into the second half of the season by hosting Bowling Green for three games starting Tuesday. The Single-A team then wraps up the first half with three games at South Bend starting Friday.
3. Happy campers: Everyone is off limits when the Cincinnati Bengals open a three-day training camp Tuesday through Thursday. The camp is aimed more at staying fresh both mentally and physically, but for the players — especially at the roster-heavy wide receiver and running back positions — it’s a chance to make an impression.
4. Mid-Ohio homecoming: The Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course holds its season opener with the Diamond Cellar Classic this Friday through Sunday. Among the hopefuls for a podium finish in the Grand-Am Road Racing series are Lebanon’s Doran Racing and Centerville native and Falken Tire factory driver Bryan Sellers. The Classic features the Grand-Am’s top road racing tour with the Rolex Sports Car Series and runs the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge as one of the undercard events.
5. Mowing down the competition: The Grand National tractor pull brings the Clinton County Fairgrounds in Wilmington to life this Friday and Saturday. In addition to the powerful machines on display, the event also features auctions, vendors and additional activities. Visit www.clintoncountyfair.org for mor info.