At least one of Ohio’s NFL teams will win another game this season, but Week 12 was not that week.
1. The Bengals lost another game in which their defense played well and the offense couldn’t hold up its end of the bargain.
Of course the Ravens had a lot to do with both of those facts, but at some point a team that wants to win needs to make winning plays and this Cincinnati team just doesn’t.
Or at least not be in position for the opposing coach to run the clock out with a punt/sumo wrestling play.
2. In a season in which Andy Dalton needs to be great for the Bengals to win, he hasn’t been for a month.
High standard? Yes, but that’s part of the territory with being a franchise quarterback. Or someone who aspires to be. He made some great throws, such as the touchdown to Tyler Eifert, but he also missed too many considering the margin for error.
3. The Browns not only lost to the Giants, they made a little history doing so.
Meanwhile, Hue Jackson told reporters he is not worried about being one and done in Cleveland.
4. Receivers made some news in this one as Odell Beckham Jr. mocked LeBron James and Terrelle Pryor had another big game.
Pryor continued his fascinating season both by playing well and handling a weird Twitter attack from Giants CB Janoris Jenkins with class. (You’ll have to click here because it’s NSFW.)
Pryor gained 131 yards on six catches, including a 54-yarder.
5. Remember Khalil Mack? He had a great game against Ohio State for Buffalo in the season opener a few years ago.
Turns out that was not a fluke.
Mack had six tackles, an interception return for a touchdown and the game-clinching strip sack against Carolina.
The Raiders’ 35-32 win also included an 88-yard touchdown pass from Cam Newton to Ted Ginn Jr.
6. The bank was open late Sunday night.
The Chiefs capped the day with a thrilling win at Denver courtesy a Cairo Santos, whose game-winning field goal went off the upright and through in overtime.