A little dog has made the big leagues and may soon have as many fans as the baseball players themselves.
Hank, believed to be a mix breed pooch, was adopted during spring training after he wandered around Milwaukee Brewer's training facilities in Phoenix earlier this year.
Team members tried to find his home. No luck for them, but a lot of luck for Hank who has since been adopted by an unnammed person who is a club executive. Hank is now a permanent member of the Brewers, and even flew to his new home on a team charter fight.
Hank will rank right up there with other Brewers greats by getting his own bobblehead later in the season. Part of the ticket sales from that game will go to the Hank Fund at the Wisconsin Humane Society. The Brewers will also hold an adopt-a-pet event at the ballpark that night.
And why the name Hank? He was named in honor of the Braves and Brewers great Hank Aaron.
Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Video: Road rager crashes after flipping woman the bird
- Teen says he can save government $370 million
- Giant 16-inch rat terrorizes family, chases cat
- Your stick figure family may be putting your family in danger
- Mom arrested for BUI, breastfeeding under the influence