Sunday’s Super Bowl showdown will surely draw millions of viewers.
Nielsen estimated that Super Bowl XLVII drew 108.7 million viewers and resulted in 26.1 million tweets.
We are betting that many of those viewers didn’t particularly care that the Ravens battled the 49ers.
And many won’t watch Sunday because the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos will do battle in what some are calling Pot Bowl.
The teams are from the two states that have legalized marijuana.
People will watch because they are at a party and it is the thing to do; the halftime show features Bruno Mars and/or the commercials will be hilarious and/or touching.
Incidentally, the early favorite for touching is the Budweiser Super Bowl XLVIII Commercial “Puppy Love.” It makes your heart warmer than Mean Joe Green’s Coke and a Smile commercial.
There are no front runners in the hilarious category, but below are some to wet your whistle and stimulate your memory banks.
Here is what you’ll find in the video above. They are listed in no particular order.
- 1995 Super Bowl “Bud” “Weis” “er”
- Anheuser Busch’s 1989 Bud Bowl I
- Wendy’s 1984 “Where’s the Beef?”
- Taco Bell ‘We Are Young’ Super Bowl 2013
- Xerox ‘s 1976 Monk
- Miller Lite’s 1980 John Madden
- E*Trade’s 2010 milkaholic
- EDS’ 200 Cat Herders
- Pepsi’ 2001 Bob Dole
- Bud Light 1987 Spuds MacKenzie
- Noxzema’s 1973 Joe Namath and Farrah Fawcett
- Go Daddy’s 2013 Bar Refaeli Kiss Super Bowl
- Doritos’ 2010 “House Rules” commercial featuring Dayton native Dion Lack
- Read: Area grad smacked in Super Bowl commercial
- FedEx’s 2006 Cavemen
- Miller Lite’s 1974 Groovy Man
- FedEx’s 2003 “Desert Island”