A Florida man is making a bold statement after code enforcement threatened to fine him for the way his house looks.
Brent Greer said Bradenton City Code Enforcement has been hounding him about cosmetic issues, so he decided to paint his home to make it
look like the American flag.
Greer said it's not the city's business to tell him what his home should look like.
"It's to remind the city and all those who live here that this is America. This is a free country. This is my home. This is not a shrine to Riverview Boulevard," Greer said.
Greer said he plans to paint the liberty bell on the second floor.
He is scheduled for a hearing with the code enforcement board later this month.
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- 12-year-old girls accused of stabbing friend to please fictitious creature
- Stolen baby pictures returned to grieving mother
- Police: Loyal dog found alive next to missing deceased owner
- Judge tells attorney 'I'll beat your ...' and allegedly throws punches