A dramatic photo of hundreds of Howard University students with their hands up, protesting the shooting of an unarmed man by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, went viral after it was posted on Instagram and passed around on social media this week.
The photo was first posted on Instagram by Khalil Saadiq, who helped organize the gathering. (WashingtonPost.com)
Senior Megan Sims — aka @The_Blacknews48
Michael Brown, 18, was shot to death Saturday.
Students were further motivated to take action after Howard alumna Mya White was shot in the head Wednesday during a protest against Brown’s shooting in the St. Louis suburb. (NBCWashington.com)
- An unexpected mourner deals with Robin Williams death
- 14-year-old found living in Walmart store
- Florida woman has 11th booking photo taken after alleged assault on grandmother
- Children witness parents fall to death while taking photo on cliff
- Grief-stricken grandpa moved to tears when given new puppy in heartwarming video