Four men and a woman are in custody on felony and misdemeanor drug charges following a raid Thursday on a house in the 300 block of East Court Street resulting from an ongoing undercover operation.
The five people, who range in age from 19 to 28, were arrested when several Urbana police and investigators raided 329 E. Court St. at about 4:47 p.m. and found heroin, marijuana and crack cocaine, Chief Matt Lingrell said Thursday night.
Police, who had obtained a court order for the search, also recovered “numerous evidentiary items connecting the residents and some visitors to the home at the time of the raid, to drug crimes,” Lingrell said.
Also, police said, drug crimes were committed in the presence of a young child.
Arrested and charged were:
* Kevin Gevedon, 25, 329 E. Court St.: drug possession, permitting drug abuse and child endangering (all misdemeanors);
* Brittney Gevedon, 24, 329 E. Court St.: felony drug trafficking and misdemeanor drug possession, permitting drug abuse, child endangering;
* Aaron M. Cole, 21, last known address is in Bellefontaine: drug trafficking and possession of heroin and crack cocaine (felonies); possession of drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia (misdemeanors);
* Jeremy Green, 28, 329 E. Court St.: possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia (both minor misdemeanors);
* Zachary Waller, 19, Mechanicsburg, felony drug possession (heroin).
Lingrell said police feel that many theft and burglary-related crimes in and around Urbana often have a direct connection to drug abuse crimes, as users seek quick money to trade or sell to drug traffickers.
Urbana police will continue to target drug dealers and users if they continue to commit drug abuse and other related crimes in Urbana, Lingrell said.
The police department is asking anyone with information regarding drug trafficking or abusing crimes to notify police at (937) 652-4350 or at the Urbana police drug tip hotline (937) 652-4357. Callers may remain anonymous.