Do you have a vacation photo that takes your breath away? When you look at it does it take you to a place where you feel love, joy or happiness? With this week’s do-it-yourself project, you can transform this type of photo into something that literally expresses your emotion when you look at it.
For just $6.73, you can create this piece that will mark that perfect trip.
Items I purchased:
• 6x12-inch piece of wood - $1.99 at Michaels Arts & Crafts
• Cream acrylic paint – 79 cents at Meijer
• 8x10 photo - $1.96 at Sam’s Club
• Paper stencils - $1.99 at Michaels Arts & Crafts
Items I already had:
• Mod Podge
1. Use your paint and apply two coats to the front and edges of your piece of wood. Let dry completely.
2. Using your stencils, trace the word you want onto your photo. You will want to cut out straight across so that the photo is continuous over each of your letters.
3. Cut out your letters with your scissors.
4. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the back of your cut out letters. Place them onto the front of your piece of wood.
5. Once secure, apply a coat of Mod Podge over everything including your photos and the rest of the wood. This will protect the entire piece.
6. When everything is dry, find an easel or other perfect spot in your home to display your completed piece.