With fall upon us, I love to incorporate autumn colors in a different and fun way. Warming up your home with deep oranges, reds, coppers and browns can get you into the fall spirit and for just $4.07 you can create this vase decorated with the rich copper tones found in pennies.
You Will Need:
Items I Purchased:
• Vase with fairly flat sides - $2.99 at Meijer
Items I Already Had:
• E-6000 clear adhesive (find at your local arts and crafts store)
1. Use your pennies and arrange them in a pattern so they cover each side of your vase.
2. Begin at the bottom of your base and using your adhesive, glue each penny to the side of your vase.
3. Let one side dry completely before you move on to the next side or the pennies will slide or come off.
4. Repeat the same patterned arrangement of pennies on all four sides of your vase.
5. Once all sides are dry, fill your vase with water and add your favorite flowers for a pop of color.
Use both new and old pennies in your vase to give a good variety of colors.