I am all about adding personality to the little things in my life and I am a firm believer that even my refrigerator needs a little extra pizazz. With 25 to 30 flattened marbles in a bag, you can make a slew of magnets for $9.87. These fun magnets are great to decorate your kitchen, office and much more. Plus, if scrapbook paper isn’t what you are looking for, you can do this same method using photos of your pets, family and friends. You can also use colored marbles as well. However, you won’t be able to see the designs in your paper as clearly.
You Will Need:
Items I purchased:
• 1-inch clear flattened marbles: $1 at the Dollar Tree
• Decorative cardstock: $1.29 cents at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• 1-inch hole punch: $4.99 at Hobby Lobby
• Small magnets: $2.59 at Hobby Lobby
Items I already had:
• E-6000 clear adhesive (find at your local arts and crafts store)
• Mod Podge
1. Using your hole punch, cut out 1-inch circles in your scrapbook paper.
2. Place a small dollop of glue onto the flat side of your flattened marble.
3. Press the paper onto the glue so that the decorative side of the paper is directly touching the glue on the marble. Press down so the glue evenly spreads across the whole paper.
4. Once dry, take another dollop of glue and place it onto your magnet. Glue the magnet to the back side of the paper.
5. When both the paper and magnet are secured, use your Mod Podge and apply and thin coat to the back of the exposed paper.
6. Once everything is dry, you are ready to use your magnets.
Have a friend or family member moving soon? Why not give them a little art for their refrigerator? Take photos of their family and friends and give them personalized magnets to decorate their new home.