Having a sister expecting her first child, I find myself looking for ways to help decorate the nursery for cheap. This is a great way to add a little personality to any child’s room and also provide a functional aspect to the decorations within the room. For just $9.47 you can make this fun nightlight that will give safety and security to any child.
You Will Need:
Items I Purchased:
• Canvas: $2.50 at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• Letter stickers: $2.99 at Hobby Lobby
• Two packs of 15-set battery-powered miniature Christmas lights: $1.99 each at Hobby Lobby
Items I Already Had:
• Dark gray acrylic paint
• Foam brush
• Glue stick
• Glue gun
1. Place your stickers on the blank canvas spelling out what you would like it to say. I used the words “good night.”
2. Once all stickers are secure, apply a coat of gray paint to the entire canvas, including over the top of your stickers.
3. Let dry completely and apply a second coat so the canvas is covered completely.
4. Once your paint dry, remove the stickers from your canvas.
5. Flip your canvas over and around the frame place your miniature Christmas lights. Secure them to the wood with a dollop of hot glue.
6. Once it is dry, turn on your lights, hang it up and enjoy your great DIY artwork.