I love decorating my home with words of inspiration, personality and motivation. It is nice to have a few positive words hanging on the walls.
For this week’s do-it-yourself project, you can create a wall piece that is not only unique but also inexpensive. For just $3 you can make this.
If you don’t want to use foam board, then you can also choose to use canvas and paint it to whatever color fits your personality. For a more polished look, you can also add a frame around the board. As you can see, there is plenty of room to make this project your own.
Items I purchased:
• 1 sheet of foam board — $1 at Dollar Tree
• 2 packages of thumbtacks — $1 each at Dollar Tree
Items I already had:
1. Take your pencil a write the word you want to use in script across the entire board. I chose to use the word “happy.”
2. Once you are happy with the way your word looks, begin covering up the lines of the pencil by placing thumbtacks into the line.
3. Continue to add thumbtacks around your entire word, until your entire word is made of tacks. Try to space them out evenly across your piece.
4. Once complete, you can frame your piece, hang it up and enjoy some encouraging words to start your day.