Liven up your walls with these great, easy-to-do picture frames. Don’t go for a ho-hum sort of frame when you can add dimension, color and design.
Let your imagination run free. You can make an entire wall out of these frames using varying colors or designs and it will only cost you about $6.
You will need
Items I purchased:
• Wooden plaque — $2.99 at Michaels Arts and Crafts
• Wooden picture frame — $1 at Michaels Arts and Crafts
• White acrylic paint — 59 cents at Meijer
• Seafoam green acrylic paint — 59 cents at Meijer
Items I already had:
• Mod Podge
• Foam brush
• Painter’s tape
• Fine point paint brush
• Gorilla glue
• 4-inch-by-6-inch photo
1. Use your white paint and apply two coats to both the plaque and the picture frame. Let dry in between each coat.
2. Once dry, use your painter’s tape and tape off stripes on your plaque. You can measure these out if you want. Just make sure your tape is secure and there are no air bubbles. If you do have bubbles, paint will get under the tape and you will not have those clean lines.
3. Apply two coats of the sea foam green paint to the exposed areas not covered by the tape. Let dry in between coats. Watch your edges, too. You do not want the seafoam green paint to go over the sides, you want it just on the top. If you do get some over the edge, that is OK, we will touch up at the end.
4. Once dry, remove the tape from the plaque. Using your fine-point paintbrush, touch up any imperfections with the white paint. Let dry.
5. Once everything is dry, apply a coat of Mod Podge to both the frame and the plaque and let dry.
6. Print out or get your 4-inch-by-6-inch photo that you want to use. Place it in the frame. Using the Gorilla glue, glue the frame to the center of the plaque.
7. Let everything dry and you have a great piece to hang in your home.