If you are anything like my sister, then your supply of nail polishes can be overwhelming. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to display your polishes and declutter your life, then this do-it-yourself project is for you.
For just $6.46 you can make a customized display case that gets your nail polishes out of the drawers and into and easy-to-access holder. This can also be used to hold jars of scrapbooking items, nails and bolts, or many other things. Let your imagination run wild.
You will need
Items I purchased:
• Wooden spice rack — $2.99 at Goodwill
• Two 12-inch-by-12-inch pieces of scrapbook paper — 59 cents each at Hobby Lobby
• White acrylic paint — $1.29 at Hobby Lobby
• Sandpaper — $1 at Dollar Tree
Items I already had:
• Mod Podge
• Foam brush
1. Take your sandpaper and rub down your entire spice rack to get rid of the glossy finish.
2. We are going to add a designed paper to the back portions of your spice racks. To ensure you get the proper cut out shape of your spice rack, take your scrapbook paper and lay it face down. Line up the bottom of your page with the back side of your rack and while holding the paper in place lightly color the back of your page along the edge. Where the edge of your board is, the pencil will create a darker line.
3. Cut out your pieces of paper and set aside.
4. Paint all seen parts of your spice rack with your paint. You will need at least two coats of paint.
5. Once your paint is dried, use your Mod Podge and glue your scrapbook paper to the backs of each level on your rack.
6. Once everything is secured and dried, go over it with a final coat of Mod Podge.
7. Let dry completely, and enjoy.