Dog owners may often find that they are misplacing a dog’s leash. Many would like a cute way to store their pet’s items.
This week’s do-it-yourself crafting project is a cute way to store your dog’s leash, collar and harness.
It will only cost you $9.32 to make.
You will need
Items I purchased:
• Dog tail hook — $2.99 at Ikea
• Wooden plaque — $2.99 at Michaels Arts and Crafts
• Scrapbook paper — 35 cents at Hobby Lobby
• Scrabble tile stickers — $2.99 at Hobby Lobby
Items I already had:
• Red acrylic paint
• Mod Podge
• Foam brush
1. Place your sheet of scrapbook paper face down on the front of your wooden plaque. Using your pencil, start running your pencil back and forth around the edge of the plaque’s front section. This will expose the edging around the front of the plaque and will give you an exact guideline for the shape you will need to cut out.
2. Cut out your plaque’s shape in your scrapbook paper and set aside.
3. Using your red acrylic paint, paint the edges of your plaque. Let dry.
4. Once everything is dry, use your Mod Podge and glue your scrapbook paper to the front of your plaque.
5. Place your Scrabble tile stickers along the top so that it says “walk.”
6. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the entire piece include the scrapbook paper, stickers and the edges of the plaque. Let dry completely.
7. Place a screw in the center of your plaque. You will want it to stick out slightly so that you will have something to hook your dog tail onto.
8. Place your tail onto the plaque and you are ready to hang it up and enjoy.