Two Tony Award winners — for Best Play and Best Musical — will be among the offerings for the Victoria Theatre Association’s 2013-14 season.
The full schedule of shows — including the Premier Health Broadway Series, the Projects Unlimited Variety Series, the PNC Family Series and, The Frank M. Tait Foundation Discovery Series — were announced at a reception held Thursday night at the Schuster Center for season ticket-holders and donors.
A special surprise guest of the evening was “Joey,” the life-sized puppet featured in “War Horse,” the imaginative World War I drama based on a popular children’s book that will kick off the Broadway series in October. The popular musicals, “Memphis” and “Million Dollar Quartet” are also scheduled, and “Beauty and the Beast” has been booked for a return engagement. Other highlights include “Sister Act” and “Mamma Mia!”
The Victoria’s CEO Ken Neufeld said the goal for each season is to provide a variety of shows and entertainment and to include productions that have been requested and are known to audiences because of their connections to TV and film.
2013-2014 Premier Health Broadway Series schedule:
• War Horse (October 22-27, 2013)
• MAMA MIA! November 29-December 1, 2013
• Sister Act (January 28-February 2, 2014)
• Memphis (April 8-13, 2014)
• Beauty and the Beast (May 27-June 1, 2014)
• Million Dollar Quartet (June 17-22, 2014)
• Tom Cotter (October 18, 2013)
• Squirm Burpee Circus (November 2, 2013)
• It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play (December 3-15, 2013)
• Alice in Wonderland (February 1, 2014)
• The Ugly Duckling & the Tortoise and the Hare (March 8, 2014)
• You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up (March 14, 2014)
• Black Violin (May 2-3, 2014)