UPDATE @ 11:18 p.m.: Tonight’s round of severe storms that hit the northern Miami Valley produced lots of damage, according to information funneled to the National Weather Service office in Wilmington.
There have been no reports of any injuries.
The sources are in parentheses:
- 9:00 p.m.: Water over a portion of U.S. 68, north of Bellefontaine in Logan County (public reports)
- 8:44 p.m.: Trees down, damage to barn siding, 2 miles south of Botkins (Shelby County EMA)
- 8:25 p.m.: Tree down on County Road 11, 5 miles southwest of Bellefontaine in Logan County, (law enforcement)
- 8:11 p.m.: Tree down on County Road 21, 2 miles south of Bloom Center in Logan, (law enforcement)
- 8:00 p.m.: High water reported in several places in Botkins, (Shelby County law enforcement)
- 7:55 p.m.: Several trees down in Jackson Center area of Botkins, (Shelby County law enforcement)
- 7:41 p.m.: Several trees down in the Botkins area, (Shelby County law enforcement)
- 7:20 p.m.: Several large trees, limbs down at Northmoor Golf Course; Sheet metal roofing partially removed from structure, 5 miles east of Celina, (public). Also, trees and power lines down north of Grand Lake, in eastern Mercer County, (law enforcement)
- 7:11 p.m.: Trees, power lines down throughout western Auglaize County, including St. Marys, (law enforcement)
- 7:09 p.m.: Trees, power lines down 3 miles north of St. Marys, (county law enforcement)
UPDATE @ 8:15 p.m.
Law enforcement in Mercer County reports that several trees and power lines are down, north of Grand Lake in the eastern part of the county, according to reports to the National Weather Service office in Wilmington.
The storm damage is about 4 miles east of Celina, according to the preliminary storm report. There are no reports of injury.
UPDATE @ 3 p.m.
Huber Heights police blocked the 400 block of Adams Road after a tree split and fell into the roadway around 2:10 p.m.
UPDATE @ 1:50 p.m.
Firefighters are on the scene of a report of a tree that struck a house on Marylew Lane in Clayton this afternoon. The report was made around 1:45 p.m.
Several large branches also were reported down in Clayton near the area of Frederick Pike and Meeker Road, according to reports.
UPDATE @ 12:27 p.m.
Heavy rain continues to pound southern portions of the Miami Valley this afternoon.
Fire crews were dispatched on a report of a water rescue needed in the Little Miami River near Corwin Road around 12:15 p.m. No other details were immediately available.
UPDATE @ 9:05 a.m.
High water reported in the Ohio 72 and Turnbull Road area near Cedarville.
Police have blocked off a portion of East North Street in Springfield due to high water from heavy rains Tuesday morning.
Our crew reports East North Street is blocked in the area of Water Street, but the water is already starting to recede. The roadway is expected to reopen soon.
Clark and Greene counties are under a Flood Advisory until 10:30 a.m., according to the National Weather Service.
For updates and more news click here to download our free apps.