With basketball season approaching, former Dayton Flyers are finding jobs overseas. Here’s an update on who’s playing where:
• At 39, Tony Stanley’s career is still alive. He’s playing with Chartres in France. He averaged 7.5 points with Chatres last season. Stanley ranks seventh in UD history with 1,835 points and finished his college career in 2001.
Stanley has played most of his career in France. He has also played in Montenegro.
• Kevin Dillard, who played two seasons with the Flyers and averaged 15.3 points per game as a senior in 2012-13, will play this season in Turkey with Pınar Karşıyaka. The team plays in the top league in Turkey, the Turkish Basketball Super League. He’ll play in Izmir, Turkey, on the western coast.
Dillard, 26, played in Italy, Latvia, France, Greece and Belgium in previous seasons.
• Adonte Joshua Parker, who played two seasons at Dayton and averaged 8.7 points as a senior in 2011-12, will also play in Izmir. His team is Gelisim Koleji, which plays in the Turkey Basketball League, the second-tier league in Turkey.
Parker, 27, played in Poland last season and has also played in Germany. This is his second stop in Turkey.
• Guard Rob Lowery, who played two seasons with the Flyers and averaged 7.3 points as a senior in 2009-10, just signed to play for BC Astana in Kazakhstan in a league that also has teams in Russia, Belarus, Estonia and Latvia.
Lowery, 28, has played in Germany, Czech Republic, Turkey, Italy, Greece and Latvia in previous seasons. He played for Alba Berlin last season.
• As previously reported, forward Devin Oliver will play with BC Union Olimpija in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
This will be Oliver’s third season overseas. After leading the Flyers to the Elite Eight in 2013-14, his final season, he played with Limburg United in Belgium in 2014. Last season, Oliver, 24, played with Maccabi Kiryat Gat in Israel and with SPO Rouen in the France-Pro A league.
• Guard Jordan Sibert’s signing was also previously reported. He will play with PAOK in Thessaloniki, Greece. After his final season at UD in 2014-15, Sibert, 24, played last season in the NBA D-League with the Erie Bayhawks. He averaged 13.1 points in 44 games.
• Center Devin Searcy, who averaged 3.7 points per game as a senior at Dayton in 2010-11, will play for Rasta Vecha in Germany’s BBL, the top league. He has played in Japan, France and Russia in previous years and played last season with another German team.
• Forward Jalen Robinson, who played two-plus seasons for the Flyers before being dismissed from the team in December 2014, will play with Vrijednosnice Osijek in Croatia.
Robinson, 22, finished his college career last season with Dalton State in Dalton, Ga.
• There are also three former Flyers in the NBA. Chris Johnson is trying to make the roster of the Utah Jazz after appearing in 70 games last season. Chris Wright agreed to a partially-guaranteed contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder earlier this month. Brian Roberts signed with the Charlotte Hornets in July.
FLYER NATION: Like our Facebook page to join the conversation