The Ohio State Buckeyes released their first official depth chart of the season Tuesday. They open the season at noon Saturday against Bowling Green at Ohio Stadium.
Most of the starters have already been confirmed by coach Urban Meyer. Here are a few highlights from the depth chart:
• Centerville grad Evan Lisle, a redshirt junior, is listed as one of two backups at right offensive tackle.
• Trotwood-Madison grad Cam Burrows, a redshirt junior safety, is not listed on the depth chart.
• Mike Weber or Curtis Samuel will start at running back.
• Samuel or Dontre Wilson will start at hybrid back.
- RELATED: Meyer expects Gibson to return
- INJURY NEWS: New kicker to start
- ARCHDEACON: Burger living the dream
• Eight receivers are listed on the depth chart. Noah Brown, Parris Campbell, Corey Smith, Johnnie Dixon, Terry McLaurin and James Clark are listed as possible starters. Freshmen Austin Mack and Binjimin Victor are listed as backups.
• Left guard Michael Jordan is the only true freshman listed as a starter. In addition to Mack and Victor, safety Jordan Fuller and defensive ends Nick Bosa and Jonathan Cooper are the other true freshmen listed on the depth chart as backups.
• Sam Hubbard or Jayln Holmes will start at defensive end.
• Marshon Lattimore or Denzel Ward will start at cornerback opposite returning starter Gareon Conley.
• Wilson, Samuel or CSmith will start at punt returner.
• Wilson, Clark or Dixon will return kicks.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.