The Denver Broncos take on the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 7 of the 2017 season on Sunday afternoon.
The Broncos (3-2) are looking to get back on track after a disastrous home loss to the previously winless New York Giants. The Chargers (2-4) are trying to keep their momentum rolling. Two weeks earlier, they got their first win of the season — then 0-4 — against those same Giants. They then beat the Oakland Raiders, even in quarterback Derek Carr’s return from injury, to move to 2-4.
Denver Broncos vs. Los Angeles Chargers game time, details
- Time: 4:25 p.m. ET
- Date: Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Location: StubHub Center, Carson, Calif.
- Line: Chargers by 1.5
What channel is the Denver Broncos vs. Los Angeles Chargers game on?
CBS has the broadcast rights to the game.
How can I watch the game online?
You can stream the game at gamepass.nfl.com. DirectTV subscribers can stream the game with Sunday Ticket.
How can I listen to the Denver Broncos vs. Los Angeles Chargers on the radio?
What you need to know
- Week 1: The Broncos opened the season against the Chargers in Denver. They came away victorious, giving new coach Vance Joseph a win in his first game, when they blocked a field goal. The final score was 24-21. This game should be equally as close, especially with the Chargers trending up while the Broncos are trending down — and with the game in California.
- After a loss: The loss to the Giants was the Broncos’ second of the year. They also lost to the Buffalo Bills. That game, like the Giants game, was followed by a divisional matchup. The Broncos rebounded to beat the Oakland Raiders. After perhaps overlooking the Giants the same way they overlooked the Bills, they’ll now look to get the same sort of rebound in a game that is more important to their playoff hopes.
- Chargers surge: The Chargers finally seem to have found their stride, in large part because of running back Melvin Gordon. He ran for 105 yards and put up 58 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns in San Diego’s win over the Giants. He ran for 83 yards and a touchdown in the win over the Oakland Raiders, and added 67 receiving yards and another touchdown. Contrast that with his 54 rushing yards, 25 receiving yards and 1 touchdown against the Broncos in Week 1, and he’s really stepped up. If he can do that again, he’s the Chargers’ X-factor.
- Broncos’ injury woes: The Broncos were dropping like flies against the Giants, with one of the night’s best performances coming as wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, clearly hurt, battled through injury to try to give his team some hope. They also lost tackle Menelik Watson to a calf strain, wideout Emmanuel Sanders to an ankle sprain — he’s out — and quarterback Trevor Siemian briefly to a shoulder sprain. The Broncos offense will largely be defined by who is even on the field.
The post Broncos-Chargers, Week 7: Game time, TV channel, watch online (October 22, 2017) appeared first on All 22.