Missouri lost to Kansas 93-87 in an exhibition game at the Sprint Center in Kansas City. Head coach Cuonzo Martin addressed the media after the loss.
Missouri head coach Cuonzo Martin
- Says he’s obviously excited to play in a game like this, and to raise money for hurricane relief. Says he’s disappointed in the outcome but it was a great day for Kansas City in the program.
- Martin said, “I thought the effort was there, but I thought we had a lot of breakdowns defensively.” He said he didn’t think the defensive effort was there until the last 5 or 6 minutes of the game.
- Martin said, “I don’t know if you’d find a better venue than this.” He said this was a great learning experience for his young core of player. “Unfortunately we didn’t win the game, but I think we can only get better from it.”
- Martin said he thought Tilmon’s performance was “all good” but added “it was good we were playing with 7 fouls.” Martin said they haven’t played a lot of times on the post defense, but Tilmon battled. He took the blame for the inability to stop Azubuike.
- Martin said he doesn’t think Porter Jr. doesn’t take the loss too hard, but takes everything personally.
- Martin said he thought Kassius Robertson played a solid game. He was happy with Jordan Barnett’s offensive play but thought Barnett could have done better defensive.
- Martin’s final question is about the rivalry. “Of course you want to play the game,” Martin said. “Of course we’d love to play. But both sides have to agree on it… We’ll see.”
The post What Cuonzo Martin said after Missouri basketball’s loss to Kansas appeared first on SEC Country.