Martinez is the only one the current staff under coach Jeremy Pruitt prioritized and wanted.
The Vols did pick up a commitment from top target wide receiver Alontae Taylor on Wednesday.
Tennessee currently holds commitments from 10 prospects.
With that in mind, here is a look at where things currently stand for the Volunteers’ Class of 2018:
Where Tennessee’s class ranks
The 247Sports composite ranks the Vols’ 2018 class No. 46 in the nation and No. 12 in the SEC.
It was a hectic week for the Vols as they completely changed up their recruiting board.
In case you missed anything from this week, here are the latest headlines:
- Tennessee Class of 2018 football mock defensive signing class 5.0
- How Tennessee lost both QB commits in 1 day
- Tennessee football podcast: What Austin Thomas’ hire means for the Vols’ in-state recruiting
- 4-star Adrian Martinez flips from Tennessee to Nebraska, leaving Vols with 0 QB commits
- Florida QB Michael Penix de-commits from Tennessee
- Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt reveals his recruiting philosophy
- Commitment 101: Tennessee gets big-play ability in ATH Alontae Taylor
- Tennessee receives commitment from 4-star in-state ATH Alontae Taylor
- New Tennessee staff impresses 4-star in-state OL Jerome Carvin as final decision looms
- Vols going in-home with in-state RB Jeremy Banks
Offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 410
- 5-star offers: 21
- 4-star offers: 194
- In-state recruits offered: 26
- Florida recruits offered: 90
- Georgia recruits offered: 66
- Texas recruits offered: 25
- DE Greg Emerson, 4 stars, Jackson, Tenn.
- DT D’Andre Litaker, 4 stars, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- DT Brant Lawless, 4 stars, Nashville, Tenn.
- WR Alontae Taylor, 4 stars, Manchester, Tenn.
- LB Matthew Flint, 3 stars, Gurley, Ala.
- RB Anthony Grant, 3 stars, Buford, Ga.
- TE Jacob Warren, 3 stars, Knoxville, Tenn.
- OG Ollie Lane, 3 stars, Corryton, Tenn.
- OT Tanner Antonutti, 3 stars, Nashville, Tenn.
- P Paxton Brooks, 3 stars, West Columbia, S.C.
3 top uncommitted targets
- 4-star OT Jerome Carvin, Cordova, Tenn.: Carvin will make his final decision and where he is signing on Wednesday. He is coming to Knoxville this weekend, which is a huge win for the Vols. The final decision will be among Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi State and Auburn.
- 3-star RB Jeremy Banks, Cordova, Tenn.: A teammate of Carvin, Banks put up great numbers this season. He rushed for almost 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns. He will take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend. The Vols are coming in late but gaining momentum.
- 4-star CB Jeremy Webb, Brooklyn, N.Y.: The junior college transfer is another prospect the Vols are getting in on late. He, too, will be in Knoxville this weekend. Pruitt is pushing hard for this one.
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position:
- QB: 0
- RB: 1 (Grant)
- TE: 1 (Warren)
- WR: 1 (Taylor)
- OL: 2 (Lane, Antonutti)
- DL: 3 (Lawless, Litaker, Emerson)
- LB: 1 (Flint)
- P: 1 (Brooks)
Here’s a breakdown of Tennessee’s commits by state:
- Tennessee: 7 (Emerson, Litaker, Lawless, Antonutti, Lane, Warren, Taylor)
- Georgia: 1 (Grant)
- Alabama: 1 (Flint)
- South Carolina: 1 (Brooks)
The post Tennessee recruiting: Latest update on Vols 2018 football class with signing day approaching appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.