Several South Carolina recruiting targets from the Class of 2020 are among the top prospects in the country, according to 247Sports. Five are from the state.
All of the 4-star prospects are classified as defensive linemen.
- 27. Jordan Burch (6-5, 250)
- 100. Alex Huntley (6-4, 295)
- 121. Tonka Hemingway (6-2, 250)
- 218. Xavier McIver (6-1, 260)
- 219. Demonte Capehart (6-5, 275)
Burch, the No. 4-ranked weakside defensive end in the class, is teammates with Huntley at Hammond School in Columbia. Huntley’s listed as the No. 4 defensive tackle.
Hemingway, who’s from Conway High School, checks in as the No. 6 strongside defensive end.
McIver (Cheraw) and Capehart (Hartsville) are the No. 14 and 15 defensive tackles, respectively.
The Gamecocks have offered Burch, Huntley, Hemingway and McIver.
The complete 247Sports ranking includes several prospects with an offer from South Carolina:
- DE Desmond Evans (Sanford, N.C.)
- WR Porter Rooks (Charlotte, N.C.)
- DE Myles Murphy (Powder Springs, Ga.)
- DE Jacolbe Cowan (Charlotte, N.C.)
- OT Tate Ratledge (Rome, Ga.)
- ATH Fred Davis (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- QB Max Johnson (Watkinsville, Ga.)
- DT Jamil Burroughs (Powder Springs, Ga.)
- LB Jaylen Harrell (Tampa, Fla.)
- WR Mike Wyman (Greensboro, N.C.)
- OLB Kevin Swint (Carrollton, Ga.)
South Carolina recruiting updates
- How Will Muschamp, Travaris Robinson reeled in Jaycee Horn
- Gamecocks continue to host bevy of 4-star recruits
- Luke Doty meets Dan Werner
The post South Carolina recruiting: Five 2020 in-state prospects listed among top 247 appeared first on SEC Country.