KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — South Carolina football coach Will Muschamp met with reporters after the 15-9 win over Tennessee on Saturday afternoon in Neyland Stadium.
Here’s what the Gamecocks head coach had to say:
- Opening: “They game-planned us extremely well, in my opinion. … We made stops in the red zone. When you play good red zone defense, that gives you a chance to win ball games.”
- “The heart of our football team shows up again. The culture of our program. … They willed it out.”
- Rico Dowdle has a fibula fracture “exactly like” Deebo Samuel and K.C. Crosby. Dowdle will miss an extended period of time.
- “You credit our players, because we work a lot down there. They understand the things people are going to do to you down there,” Muschamp said, when asked about the final stand.
- “We made better cuts at the running back position. The RPOs were effective for us. … The shots downfield early kind of loosened them up. … You’ve got to credit Kurt Roper (and the rest of the offensive staff), those guys did a good job at halftime. Not a lot was going right for us. … I was proud of how we were able to respond.”
- “We’re having a hard time manufacturing a four-man rush. … There were some things, I thought, adjustment-wise, we did a nice job. … The momentum plays were a huge part of that.”
- “I thought [Parker White] was outstanding. We had a bad snap, whether he was able to get down or not, I don’t know. … When you show confidence in a player, eventually they see it and they take ownership of it.”
The post South Carolina football: What Will Muschamp said after Tennessee appeared first on SEC Country.