BATON ROUGE, La. — LSU is coming off a pivotal win, but momentum can change quickly in the SEC.
In this week’s edition of “Sound Off,” SEC Country beat writers Alex Hickey and Nick Suss break down the three biggest storylines of the week following LSU’s win over Florida and leading into its home contest versus No. 10 Auburn. First, we discuss the revolving door on the offensive line and why two true freshmen may have to start at the tackle spots. By contrast, the defense is as deep as it’s been all season.
Finally, we wrap up with a recap of the 2016 LSU-Auburn game and why the stakes are so much different this year.
- Also see: Matchup with Auburn DC is personal for Orgeron
- Orgeron makes it clear Derrius Guice isn’t 100 percent
- LSU Film Study: How Tigers punished Florida with jet sweep
Below are time stamps for specific topics that we discuss:
- 0:20: Starting offensive tackles K.J. Malone and Toby Weathersby haven’t practiced this week, and both are questionable for Saturday’s game. Saahdiq Charles and Austin Deculus are their most likely replacements. What will the offensive line look like if this is the case on game day?
- 4:40: Senior defensive end Frank Herron will be active for the first time this season Saturday, creating the deepest rotation on the defensive line all year. How much will Herron be used, and where is his value?
- 8:00: Auburn, riding high after three blowout SEC wins, is the toughest opponent LSU has faced this year. Last year’s LSU-Auburn game ended with a potential winning touchdown being overturned by replay review and Les Miles losing his job. The stakes are once again high for both teams.
The post Sound Off: LSU renews last season’s hostilities with Auburn appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.