The Sooners head into Texas week with key injuries on both sides of the ball and needing to fix defensive issues that have plagued it the last two weeks.
The 38-31 loss to Iowa State put Oklahoma’s College Football Playoff hopes on the ropes. The Sooners are suddenly a touchdown favorite against improving Texas team. The Red River Showdown seems like two teams heading in opposite directions. Can Oklahoma right the ship as it heads down to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
All this and more DieHards’ Oklahoma beat writer John Shinn and Joe Buettner in this week’s Zaxby’s Sound Off.
Here are some time stamps to help in navigating the video:
- The ramifications of Oklahoma’s loss to Iowa State are still settling in ( 0:23 ).
- Oklahoma struggled against backup quarterbacks in the last two games ( 1:21 ).
- Injuries to CeeDee Lamb and Abdul Adams slowed Oklahoma’s offense ( 1:40 ).
- None of the defensive issues Oklahoma showed against Baylor have been solved ( 2:22 ).
- Oklahoma is starting strong, but stumbling into the finish line ( 3:41 ).
- The injury situation doesn’t look good for Oklahoma heading into the Texas game ( 5:16 ).
- Oklahoma fans pass judgement on defensive coordinator Mike Stoops ( 6:04 ).
- Blitzing doesn’t help against screen teams ( 8:15 ).
- The Big 12 Conference isn’t conducive to great defense, but the Sooners should be better than this ( 9:07 ).
- Cornerback Jordan Thomas has a target on his back ( 9:29 ).
- Lincoln Riley is coming off his first loss. Can he match Bob Stoops’ success in games following a loss ( 11:04 ).
- Texas is a much better defensive team than Oklahoma is used to seeing in Dallas ( 11:56 ).
- How does Oklahoma’s running attack change against Texas if it doesn’t have Abdul Adams ( 12:55 ).
- Last Saturday’s game flipped the script heading into this year’s edition of the Red River Showdown ( 13:57 ).
The post Sound Off: Can Oklahoma rebound quickly for huge Texas game? appeared first on Diehards.