Florida coach Dan Mullen is on the market for a quarterback following Matt Corral‘s de-commitment Thursday.
The dead period begins Monday and the early signing period is Wednesday, so this isn’t the ideal time to be shopping around for a signal caller.
The majority of top QB recruits are already committed to a school and many of them will be early enrollees, so Mullen has his work cut out for him.
Here are three potential quarterback options for the Gators:
1) Emory Jones, 5-star QB, Heard County (Franklin, Ga.)
- Jones is the No. 1 priority at this time. At Mississippi State, Mullen was the first SEC coach to offer Jones a scholarship and he reached out to him again after taking the Florida job. Jones made a surprise official visit to UF on Friday and also took a trip to Florida State this weekend. He has been committed to Ohio State for the past 18 months and is also considering Alabama and Auburn. Jones will make a final decision on Wednesday and enroll early at the school of his choice.
2) Justin Fields, 5-star QB, Harrison (Kennesaw, Ga.)
- Fields was the top target for the Gators before they landed Corral in late July. Georgia landed Fields’ commitment two months ago and he appears to be solid with the Bulldogs. However, he hasn’t shut the door on other schools just yet. He hosted Mullen for in-home visit on Nov. 28 and has also been in contact this month with FSU and Texas A&M. It’s unknown whether Fields will sign with UGA on Wednesday or wait until National Signing Day. If he chooses the latter, Florida will push to get Fields on campus in January.
3) James Foster, 4-star QB, Lanier (Montgomery, Ala.)
- Foster is one of only two uncommitted quarterbacks on the market who have dual-threat ability and a 4-star rating. The other is Gerry Bohanon from Earle, Ark., but he’s deciding on Tuesday between Arkansas, Baylor, Memphis and North Carolina. Foster is a former Missouri commit and received an offer from Mullen at Mississippi State. He now has LSU and Texas A&M on his trail, with an offer from the Aggies on Dec. 8 and an LSU visit scheduled for Jan. 12. If the Gators can’t flip Jones or make headway with Fields, Foster could be their next target.
The post 3 quarterback options for Florida coach Dan Mullen appeared first on SEC Country.