The NFL scouting combine is later this month, and Saquon Barkley’s draft stock appears as high as ever. The former Penn State running back tops Sports Illustrated’s draft big board, a ranking of the top available players in this year’s class.
Evaluators told The MMQB Barkley is a better prospect than Ezekiel Elliott was two years ago. Barkley is a true workhorse back who would be a first-round prospect solely on his ability as a runner. Add in his passing-game skills—think Le’Veon Bell, a big back who has the ability to create separation when lined up as a receiver—and he’s custom-built for the modern NFL.
After Barkley, here’s how Sports Illustrated’s top 10 shakes out:
2. Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama
4. Bradley Chubb, DE/LB, NC State
5. Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
6. Sam Darnold, QB, USC
7. Roquon Smith, LB, Georgia
8. Derwin James, S, Florida State
9. Josh Rose, QB. UCLA
10. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
The post Penn State’s Saquon Barkley No. 1 on Sports Illustrated’s NFL draft big board appeared first on Land of 10.