Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson will not face criminal charges after being accused of sexual assault by a former Oklahoma student, Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn announced Thursday afternoon.
There will be NO charges brought against #Sooners RB Rodney Anderson stemming from the rape investigation, Cleveland County DA Greg Mashburn announces
— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) December 14, 2017
Police had been investigating Anderson after a woman filed for a protective order against him. In her petition, she said Anderson assaulted her at her apartment on Nov. 16 after they met at a bar. She said she feared for her safety.
Anderson denied the allegations, creating a Twitter account to say the accusations were not true.
In my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd have to set up a Twitter account to defend myself. In the most possible straightforward and honest manner, I did not do this. @espn
— Rodney Anderson (@24RAnderson) December 5, 2017
He passed a polygraph test given by former FBI examiner Bill Brown, who interviewed Anderson about the allegations. Attorney Derek Chance said the woman had “attempted to pursue a relationship” with Anderson after the night of the alleged incident.
Oklahoma has not yet announced whether Anderson will play in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1 against Georgia, but on Thursday before Mashburn’s press conference, Lincoln Riley said Anderson was “still fully on the team.”
This story will be updated.
The post Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson will not face charges after rape accusation, DA says appeared first on Diehards.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.