Ohio State is just getting started with the 2019 recruiting class, but the Buckeyes are hot on the trail of many of the nation’s top prospects. The Buckeyes have only two commitments to date, but plenty of top prospects have been visiting and staying in communication with Ohio State’s coaches. Here’s what to know about Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting:
Latest news for Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting class
- Ohio State recruiting: Top 100 2019 prospect to visit; Buckeyes on another top list – March 15
- 5 B1G commits that Ohio State could flip in 2019 class – March 15
- Ohio State recruiting: The latest on tight end search; Top 247 rankings unveiled – March 14
- Ohio State recruiting mailbag: Can Buckeyes pull 5-star recruit from That State Up North? – March 14
- Ohio State recruiting: Top QB target Sam Howell schedules visit; keep an eye on this Ohio prospect – March 13
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Buckeyes’ 2019 recruiting by state – March 13
- Ohio State recruiting: Have the Buckeyes found their next local offer? – March 12
- Ohio State’s Larry Johnson builds bonds at Maryland powerhouse DeMatha Catholic – March 12
- Ohio State recruiting: New visitors expected, including 5-star DT; Buckeyes miss out on Texas targets – March 11
Ohio State football’s 2019 class
Ohio State has just two commitments in the 2019 recruiting class, but both are from standout offensive linemen who are close to home for the Buckeyes.
Where Ohio State’s 2019 class ranks
Ohio State’s 2019 recruiting class ranks No. 31 in the 247Sports composite team rankings. Of course, with just two commitments in the class, the Buckeyes are hard-pressed to rank very high in the team rankings at the moment. The good news is that they have the second-ranked class in the country among teams that have two or fewer commits, trailing only Auburn.
Position breakdown of the Buckeyes’ 2019 class
Ohio State’s target number for recruits remains extremely flexible with nearly a year until National Signing Day in 2019. The Buckeyes also don’t have a clear idea yet of their projected scholarship numbers for the 2019 class without knowing which players could leave the program between the start of spring football and the start of the 2018 season. There’s plenty of time for these projected numbers to change and adapt.
Geographic breakdown of the class
Ohio: 1 (Jacoby)
West Virginia: 1 (Nester)
Top uncommitted Ohio State targets
Ohio State’s target board is just beginning to sort out, and there’s plenty of time for things to change. Here are some early looks at what you could expect out of the list of top prospects moving forward:
- Ohio State recruiting: Predicting the future Buckeyes (2019 mock class) – March 1
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Buckeyes’ top targets on defense – Feb. 16
- Ohio State recruiting: Buckeyes’ next top targets on offense emerge – Feb. 15
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Ohio’s top 2019 prospects on defense – Feb. 13
- Ohio State recruiting: Breaking down Ohio’s top 2019 prospects on offense – Feb. 12
The post Ohio State recruiting: Latest news on Buckeyes’ 2019 class appeared first on Land of 10.