COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Kyle Lamb recaps Ohio State’s first NCAA Tournament win since 2015, an 81-73 victory over South Dakota State on Thursday in Boise, Idaho. Although the Jackrabbits tied the game at 70 with less than 2 minutes remaining, the Buckeyes responded with an 11-3 run to close out the game. We look ahead to the clash with Gonzaga, which will tip off from Boise on Saturday about 7:45 p.m. ET (CBS).
In addition, Ryan Donnelly jumps on the show for a football recruiting update. We look at the most probable flips to Ohio State later in the 2019 recruiting cycle as well as a couple of quarterback targets who might be emerging as priorities for the Buckeyes.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed Friday on Inside the Shoe include:
- The 81-73 victory by the Buckeyes over the Jackrabbits, and despite a challenge from South Dakota State, Ohio State looked like a relaxed and rested team that had just enjoyed 13 days off.
- The first of several possible “revenge” engagements ahead for Ohio State, starting with the showdown Saturday against Gonzaga. The Bulldogs beat the Buckeyes 86-59 on Nov. 24 in Portland, Ore., in the first game of the PK80 Invitational. Ohio State opens as a 3-point underdog.
- An upcoming visit beginning Sunday for 4-star quarterback Sam Howell of Monroe, N.C.
- 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions coming out this week for a pair of Buckeyes’ targets, including a QB and wide receiver, and if Ohio State is in the driver’s seat for the anticipated pair.
- Which committed targets in 2019 Ohio State will attempt to flip and could have the most success at doing so.
Next week on the podcast, Austin Ward will return from Boise to discuss the Buckeyes’ performance against Gonzaga, and both he and Ryan Ginn will preview the regional semifinal matchup for Ohio State if the Buckeyes win on Saturday. Also, we’ll have more spring football conversation and a weekly recruiting update with Donnelly.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes survive Jackrabbits, advance to face Gonzaga appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.